Following on from our highly successful inaugural 2017 Tour we are pleased to announce details of the 2018 T4 Targa Tour.
Join Driving Events in our 2018 assault in Targa Tasmania where Paul Stokell and his navigator will take on the event in our specially prepared V6 Lotus Exige.
Spend 9 Days in Tasmania, experiencing spectacular roads, beautiful scenery, the tastes and homely atmosphere plus compete in the “actual” Targa Tasmania event! Entered in the touring section of the event you and your navigator will have the chance to drive the actual Targa Tasmania special stages on a closed road just prior to the actual competition vehicles. This will be guided by one of our experienced instructors in our pace car and although regulated to the state speed limits “spirited” driving can be assured as most roads of these spectacular roads are quite tight, twisty and keeping an average speed anywhere near the speed limit will be quite a challenge!
The tour is an amazing experience, but not a race. It is designed to display a cavalcade of vehicles, giving owners an opportunity to use them safely, while enjoying the thrill of driving past, literally, thousands of spectators all watching the world’s largest tarmac rally.
Along with the tour, a street stage in George Town is a part of Targa that makes it truly unique. The tour covers the entire island, an island varying in landscape from open farms to rugged coastlines and large mountain ranges. You will get to drive on iconic stages including, The Sidling, Cethana, Hellyer Gorge and of course, the 52 km, Mt Arrowsmith.
Overnight stops and accommodation will mirror the competitors where you will assemble at the completion of each day in overnight compounds where service work can be carried out. We have selected quality accommodation and our Targa guide to help make this a stress free and guaranteed fun event.
The event will finish in Hobart with a party atmosphere followed by a day at the world famous MONA (museum of old and new art) with lunch in their award winning restaurant and tour of the museum, travelling to and from MONA by boat.
On the final day, let’s head out to “Baskerville Raceway” for a Track & Training session on what is one of Australia’s most challenging and enjoyable racetracks. We then drive back to Devonport to meet the ferry for our overnight crossing to Melbourne.
The 2018 tour will feature:
- A dedicated Stokell Driving Events transport van that will carry our luggage, and remain with our tour group throughout each day. The van will be present at each of our accommodation stops so you can have daily access to your luggage.
- The Stokell Driving Events transport van will also carry limited spares and tools, basic car cleaning equipment together with emergency top up fuel and supplies.
- For 2018, our tour leader will drive all of the stages with you and ensure accommodation, luggage spares and fuel are always at our disposal.
- A detailed itinerary and daily update information sheets to accompany your road notes. This will include destination addresses for car nav systems, fuel supply locations for each day, a complete contact list for all fellow tour competitors and a listing of you dining options for each night.
- Where possible Paul will join us for dinner on a number of evenings to keep you up to date with his competition progress. He will also post daily updates purely for T4 participants.
- Sunday after the event concludes will be lunch at the Source Restaurant MONA, followed by time in this world famous museum to enjoy and appreciate, with a leisurely boat ride to and from the facility.
- Monday after the event concludes will again be a half day track event at Baskerville Raceway, followed by a quick transit to the ferry for departure Monday night.
We can also assist with transport arrangements of your vehicle from and to Brisbane if necessary. We will have available a holding facility in Melbourne where pre-event preparation and last minute checks can be organised with experienced race engineer, Tim Macrow.
TOUR INCLUSIONS, OPTIONS, ELIGIBILITY & PRICING
Targa Tasmania Itinerary
- Day 1 | Sunday 15 April (Devonport Ferry to Launceston) Scrutineering / Welcome Party (Overnight Launceston)
- Day 2 | Monday 16 April (Overnight in Launceston)
- Day 3 | Tuesday 17 April (Overnight in Launceston)
- Day 4 | Wednesday 18 April (Overnight in Launceston)
- Day 5 | Thursday 19 April (Overnight in Strahan)
- Day 6 | Friday 20 April (Overnight in Hobart)
- Day 7 | Saturday 21 April - Official Finish (Overnight in Hobart)
- Day 8 | Sunday 22 April – Lunch / Tour MONA (optional) (Overnight in Hobart)
- Day 9 | Monday 23 April – Track Day Baskerville Raceway – Hobart to Devonport Ferry
We anticipate running a dedicated “packet” of vehicles in the tour of between 10 to a maximum of 14 cars and would encourage you to lock in your position alongside a number of our inaugural participants.
Book Online now or feel free to contact Paul so we can commence planning for this much loved and totally unique experience.
- Event Entry covering participation of each stage of the event (2 people – Driver and Co-Driver)
- Return travel on the Spirit of Tasmania for 2 passengers plus an accompanied vehicle plus a twin share private cabin
- Twin share accommodation at each overnight stop
- Luggage service to follow the event
- Dedicated tour guides and Competitor briefings
- Road Books for all stages and touring stages
- Competitor Lanyards and official ‘Invitation to compete’
- Complimentary entry ticket to the official Welcome Party for Driver and Co -Driver
- Lunch on each full day of the competition for Driver and Co-Driver
- A set of Targa Tasmania metal number plates, and vehicle door panels
- Finishers Medallion for Driver and Co-Driver (upon completion of the event)
- Track day entry.
T4 - MONA Dinner, Tour and Boat Trip $110.00/person
- Ferry transport to and from MONA, 2 course dinner at the renowned “Source Restaurant”, plus admission to the museum (beverages at own cost).
T4 - George Town Hospitality $130.00/person
- Ticket to the “Ultimate Club” George Town viewing area, includes drinks and lunch. Following your run through this famous street stage relax and watch the competitors fight it out for bragging rights.
T4 - CAMS L2 Licence $90.00/person
Entry is for 2 people (Driver & Co-driver). Both must have a Level 2 non speed event CAMS licence. Driving suits, helmets and FIA apparel are NOT mandatory. Cars for the tour do not require any special preparation. Roll cages, special tyres and extensive modifications are not a requirement. They do need to road registered and have all standard features such as seat belts etc. Fire extinguishers are not compulsory (all though we would recommend carrying one). A first aid kit will be required along with an oil spill kit. Full requirements can be supplied upon request.
- 9 Day $8330.00 inc GST plus tour options
Note: payment of a non-refundable deposit of $1000 secures your place. Balance of tour is payable by 16th March 2018.Download the T4 Flyer here