This is your special invitation to Stokell Targa High Country Tour
Following on from our highly successful Targa Tasmania and Targa Great Barrier Reef events we next head to Victoria, touring the scenic highlands around Mt Buller. This is the re-scheduled 2020 event moving from its traditional home of November to early February 2021.
The event based in “Mt Buller” takes in all the fantastic surrounding roads around the Mansfield area as well as the spectacular Mansfield “street stage”.
Places in the tour are very limited with a maximum of 10 cars so don’t miss out!
What’s required to join the Targa High Country Tour 2021
All that’s needed to join in is a performance road car and two people (driver & co-driver) with a passion for driving and keen sense of adventure. The tour adheres to the sign posted speed limits, although there is still plenty of opportunity to enjoy your car in a very “spirited” manner- the way they were designed. The Targa Tour follows the same course as competition vehicles, on closed roads using both sides of the road, ensuring you feel every twist and turn of the event.
- Minimum CAMS Level 2 Non-Speed License
- First aid kit
- An oil spill kit (1kg of kitty litter will suffice)
- 2 x Safety triangles Roll cages, harnesses, special tyres and extensive modifications “are not” required.
Joining Driving Events tour is truly a unique experience. Not only for the fact that you get to be part of one of the largest Tarmac rallies in the world but you also get to rub shoulders with some sporting legends and follow our own 2019 Champion and Targa Tasmania winner – Paul Stokell. Guaranteed there will be plenty of stories to share over dinner each night.
Our group will consist of between 4 – 10 cars with our Tour Leader taking you through each stage. As the tour precedes the start times of the competition cars some early starts can be expected - often before 7.00am. After returning to your accommodation in Mt Buller relatively early each day you will have the opportunity for service work ahead of relaxing into your evening. We have selected quality accommodation and a Targa guide to help make this a stress free and guaranteed fun event.
Targa High Country will travel through unique landscapes around Mt Buller as diverse as lush forests, wide open farmland, and rugged mountain passes and include at least 2 runs up the famous Mt Buller accent!
- Day 1 | Thursday 4th February (Travel and arrive in Melb drive to Mt Buller) Documentation, Scrutiny, Welcome Party (Overnight in Mt Buller)
- Day 2 | Friday 5th February Event Day 1 (Overnight Mt Buller)
- Day 3 | Saturday 6th February Event Day 2 (Overnight Mt Buller)
- Day 4 | Sunday 7th February Event Day 3 - Official Finish (Overnight Mt Buller)
- Day 5 | Monday 8th February (Return home)
Tour Inclusions & Pricing
- Event Entry covering participation of each stage of the event for 2 people – Driver and Co-Driver
- 4 nights luxury individual king room accommodation at “The Chalet” (Mt Buller) TBC.
- Dedicated Tour Leader and Driving Events Tour Guide to travel with and assist if required
- Competitor briefing - Road books for all stages and touring stages
- Competitor lanyards and official ‘Invitation to compete’
- Complimentary entry ticket to the official Welcome Party for Driver and Co-Driver (subject to current COVID-19 regulations)
- Lunch on each full day of the competition for Driver and Co-Driver
- Finishers Medallion for Driver and Co-Driver (upon completion of the event)
- Exclusive Tour Highlights post event Video package
- Commemorative shirt and cap.
5 Days $5,920.00 inc GST
Note: payment of a non-refundable* deposit of $1000 secures your place.
*If in the event of border or COVID restrictions, a full refund will be offered.
We have secured some great rates in fully enclosed race transporters providing a premium option to freight your precious cargo to Melbourne and back. (Near airport Pick Up)
- Return trip BNE – VIC – BNE $3267 inc GST
- One Way $2087 inc GST