Defensive Driving Course - Level 1
The aim of the Defensive Driving course is to provide post licence driver training to raise awareness, skill levels and assess attitude and the potential dangers associated with the wrong attitude!
This is achieved through a mixture of theoretical and practical driving sessions conducted at normal road speeds in the participants own vehicles. The course is suitable for young drivers (from L Platers) right up to the more experienced drivers that just need to hone their skills. It can be conducted in any roadworthy vehicle from the smallest sedan right up to 4 x 4 and light commercial vehicles.
- Defensive driving 'What it means and how it is achieved'
- Evaluation of the main part of the car - the driver
- Driver attitude
- Practical Road Safety Tips
- Explanation of safety features of modern cars and how to use them
- Tyres and their importance in driving safety
- Vision skills
- Basic vehicle dynamics and skid control
- Assessment of vehicle condition
- Seating & steering
- Emergency braking with & without ABS
- Emergency lane changes
- Reaction times and their effects on stopping distance.
- Vehicle handling / steering techniques
- 7 Hour Course - 8.30am sign in for a 9.00am start. Finish 4.00pm
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR NORWELL DEFENSIVE TRAINING
Due to venue restrictions, Defensive Driver events at the Norwell Driving Centre are subject to course minimums. Should sufficient numbers not be achieved for your nominated date we will advise you by phone or email prior to the day. In such cases, you will be offered an alternative date or venue.