Yokohama Tarmac Challenge Series (YTCS)
This series provides a low-cost fun individual sprint competition that allows any one car and driver combination to have a realistic chance of success regardless of power or cost/performance of vehicle.
Dates for 2022
This event will run in conjunction with
- RACERS Annual Clubman Licence or RACERS Day Licence
- Civil Drivers Licence
If you don’t already have a Racers licence they can be purchased during the booking process.
Note: Driving Events is not able to accept RACERS Day Licence applications and/or RACERS Annual Clubman licence renewal payments. Entry closing, credits/refunds, and vehicle retrieval/transfer details on the QR “Conditions of Entry” forms are NOT APPLICABLE to this event.
Driver, Pit Crew and Assistants Sign In
- Drivers sign in will start at 7.30am in the Driver Training Centre pavilion.
- The aim is to start running cars by 9.30am, so please be ready to assist the sign-on process to run smoothly and quickly!
- For insurance purposes all members of your party must sign the Driver and Pit Crew sign-on sheets.
Parking and Spectators
NO PARKING is allowed between the finish line and in front of the DTC Pavilion. It is also requested that NO spectators sit or stand on the track side of the DTC pavilion. This is for your own safety in case a driver loses control after the finish and there is an accident.
- An adhesive car number will be provided at sign on for each driver.
- The number is to be affixed to the PASSENGER side of the vehicle.
- If there is more than one driver to a car, please fix both numbers to the PASSENGER side of the vehicle.
Vehicle Noise Limit
All vehicles participating in track days at Lakeside Raceway must conform to the noise limit, on both a static test and trackside test, of 92 dB(A). The noise test shall be measured from a position 0.5m behind the exhaust at a 45 degree angle, with the engine running at ¾ maximum revs.
- Drivers will need full covering neck to wrist and waist to ankle cotton top and pants. Jeans are acceptable.
- Fully enclosed footwear must be worn, NO bare feet, thongs, scuffs etc.
- An Australian standards approved helmet is required by all drivers.
- Full face helmet must be worn in open cars ie: clubman or open sports or race car.
- Visor must go down when running on the circuit in an open top car.
Scrutineering, Car Condition and Safety
- Scrutineering will start at 7.30am, please be on time so we are not delayed starting the event.
- A safety check will be conducted on all the cars, please ensure your car is roadworthy.
- Main issues will be: roadworthiness, loose items and battery location/security on cars etc. Seat belts must be in good order. Standard fitted lap-sash belts are acceptable.
- NO loose items in the car while running. Empty out your cabin and boot.
- If there is a fire extinguisher in the car it should be secured in its own cradle.
Event Format, Staging and Timing Lights
There will be only one car on the circuit at any time. It’s very important that we run in numerical order so that times are recorded against the correct Car/Driver. Please be ready and follow the instructions of the Staging Marshall.
- The Staging Lights are approximately 1 metre behind the START photocell.
- To stage, drive slowly forward until you get a RED light.
- The next car is NOT to start until given the GREEN light by the Start Marshall.
- Your Run Time will not START until you break the START Timing Sensor beam.
- The FINISH Sensor beam is over near the main track underpass.
- Drivers who are not at the start in the correct order may miss that run!
- At the finish, slow down quickly and drive slowly back to pits/parking/assembly area.
- If the Timing equipment malfunctions you will get a re-run after the last car in the group.
- If you have a problem please finish your lap or pull off the track and signal the Starter for assistance.
Dorian transmitters are not needed for this event.
DTC Live Results
Run Times are output to a Driving Events web page for you to view on your smartphone or tablet device. Go to the Driving Events website and click on the Yokohama Tarmac Challenge Series menu item, then select the date for the current event.
Tents and Shade Covers
No tents or shade covers are to be erected on the inside of the track as they obstruct the timers and spectators view.
Chairs, Tables and Cover
Please bring your own chairs, table and cover in case of rain. These facilities are not available at the circuit.
Coffee and Tea
Coffee and tea will be available throughout the day at no additional cost. BYO lunch, snacks, water and drinks that you may require.
Animals will not be permitted into the venue during the event.