Come and join us on the 30th Celebrational running of Targa Tasmania and enjoy one of the world’s best road drives located right here in our own backyard!
The T4 tour by Paul Stokell’s Driving Events is an all-inclusive and professionally constructed adventure offering spectacular driving, essential support services and highly acclaimed restaurants all led by your own personal tour manager.
We have done all of the hard work so you simply enjoy this stunning event in your favourite car.
Spend 8 Days in Tasmania, experiencing spectacular roads, beautiful scenery, the tastes and homely atmosphere plus compete in the “actual” Targa Tasmania event! Entered in the touring section of the event you and your navigator will have the chance to drive the actual Targa Tasmania special stages on a closed road just prior to the actual competition vehicles. This will be guided by one of our experienced instructors in our pace car and although regulated to the state speed limits “spirited” driving can be assured as most roads of these spectacular roads are quite tight, twisty and keeping an average speed anywhere near the speed limit will be quite a challenge!
The tour is an amazing experience, but not a race. It is designed to display a cavalcade of vehicles, giving owners an opportunity to use them safely on closed roads, while enjoying the thrill of driving past, literally, thousands of spectators all watching the world’s largest tarmac rally.
The tour covers the entire island, an island varying in landscape from open farms to rugged coastlines and large mountain ranges. You will get to drive on iconic stages including, The Sidling, Cethana, Hellyer Gorge and of course,the 52 km, Mt Arrowsmith. The 2022 event will be the longest ever with around 600km of closed road stages.
A unique part of the T4 tour is that your tour leading driver will benon-other than 2 x Targa Champion and 2019 Targa Tasmania winner – Paul Stokell (subject to competition commitments).
Your tour manager, Derek Bode will be with you every step of theway in this unique motoring experience. We have honed this event over the past four years to provide maximum enjoyment forour customers. Paul Stokell will join us regularly in the evenings to share your adventure and great friendships are created within your exclusive group.
Derek will drive with you on every stage, plus we will have our own support van to ensure your spares, luggage, equipment and most importantly “fuel” will be on hand at all times. We encourage a broad range of vehicles to join us and we are able to look after all of our drivers, regardless of your experience. Paul and Derek are both highly experienced performance driving coaches and are invested in maximising your driving experience.
All the logistics’ are covered so you can simply enjoy sheer driving pleasure during the day and the time to re-live your adventure with your group in a selection of the best restaurants in Tasmania during the evenings.
Your car can be transported to Melbourne, and will be ready for your arrival. Alternatively, you can drive yourself to meet the group in Melbourne.
Here’s how we do it… the 2022 tour itinerary
Arrive Melbourne airport Tullamarine.
Derek will be awaiting your arrival with your car ready to go at our transport drop off area, a short 5-minute taxi ride from the airport. We then drive in convoy down to the Spirit of Tasmania Ferry at Station Pier, Port Melbourne and await embarkation for the overnight crossing to Devonport. A relaxed dinner and your own cabin for the night.
Arrive Devonport and a short drive to Launceston for Scrutineering and pre-event formalities. Derek will be on hand to assist you with any details to get you sorted. Check in to your accommodation at the Hotel Grand Chancellor followed by a leisurely dinner on site with your tour group.
Day 1 of the Targa Tasmania is slightly shorter to get you into the rhythm of the event. Dinner at the acclaimed Mud restaurant. Accommodation at the Hotel Grand Chancellor.
Day 2 of the event is a very full day. Many stages to complete and Dinner is at the spectacular Stillwater Restaurant.
Day 3 we make our way towards the West Coast towards with an overnight stop at Cradle Mountain. Accommodation overnight is in Cradle Mountain and dinner is in house at their restaurant.
Day 4 is in and around the west coast stopping in at Strahan before heading back to overnight in Cradle Mountain. Accommodation overnight is at Cradle Mountain Hotel dinner is in house at their restaurant.
Day 5 we head towards Hobart. This is another comprehensive day of stages down the west coast arriving at your accommodation in Hobart the Hotel Grand Chancellor. Dinner is free choice but there are plenty of options around the casino and Salamanca wharf area to unwind at your own pace.
Day 6, the final day of Targa Tasmania. After crossing the finishing line, we will have a leisurely afternoon at the docks to greet the remainder of the field. We will then gather at the stunning Rockwall Restaurant in Salamanca for our celebration dinner. Accommodation at the Hotel Grand Chancellor.
Baskerville Raceway: A final opportunity to enhance those skills and enjoy one of Australia’s best and most challenging race tracks. Paul and Derek are on hand for one-on-one coaching to ensure you get maximum benefit from the opportunity.
We leave Baskerville after lunch and drive in convoy back to Devonport to meet the Spirit of Tasmania for our overnight trip back to Melbourne.
After disembarkation in Melbourne, we have a final get-together breakfast in Port Melbourne before leaving or delivering your cars for transport at Melbourne Airport.
To summarise, the 2022 tour will feature:
- A dedicated van to transport to luggage between overnight stops.
- The Stokell Driving Events transport van will also carry limited spares and tools, basic car cleaning equipment together with fuel and supplies.
- Our tour leader and sweep will drive all of the stages with you and ensure accommodation, luggage spares and fuel are always at our disposal.
- A detailed itinerary and daily update information sheets to accompany your road notes. This will include destination addresses for car nav systems, fuel supply locations for each day, a complete contact list for all fellow tour competitors and a listing of you dining options for each night.
- 3 spectacular evening meals at pre-booked Tasmanian showcase restaurants.
- Dedicated espresso coffee service to meet “our” refuelling needs in the remote areas of Tasmania *TBC
- Monday after the event concludes will again be a half day track event at Baskerville Raceway, followed by a quick transit to the ferry for departure Monday night.
Targa Tasmania Itinerary summary
- Day 0 | Sunday 24 April (Arrive Melb, pick up cars overnight Spirit of Tasmania to Devonport)
- Day 1 | Monday 25 April (Dpt Ferry to Launceston) Scrut / Welcome Party (Overnight Grand Chancellor Launceston)
- Day 2 | Tuesday 26 April (Overnight Grand Chancellor Launceston)
- Day 3 | Wednesday 27 April (Overnight Country Club Villa’s Launceston)
- Day 4 | Thursday 28 April (Overnight in Cradle Mountain Hotel)
- Day 5 | Friday 29 April (Overnight in Cradle Mountain Hotel)
- Day 6 | Saturday 30 April (Overnight Hotel Grand Chancellor)
- Day 7 | Sunday 1 May - Official Finish (Overnight Hotel Grand Chancellor)
- Day 8 | Monday 2 May – Track Day Baskerville Raceway – Hobart to Devonport Ferry
RESERVE YOUR PLACE!
We anticipate running 1 - 2 dedicated “packets” of vehicles in the tour of between 8 to a maximum of 14 cars and would encourage you to lock in your position alongside a number of our regular participants.
Book Online now or feel free to contact Paul to express your interest so we can commence planning for this much loved and totally unique experience.
Tour Inclusions, Eligibility & Pricing
- Event Entry covering participation of each stage of the event (2 people – Driver and Co-Driver)
- Return travel on the Spirit of Tasmania for 2 passengers plus an accompanied vehicle plus a twin share private cabin
- Twin share accommodation at each ovrnight stop
- Luggage / basic service to follow the event
- Dedicated tour lead car and sweep/support vehicle - Competitor briefings
- Dedicated support van for inter event luggage transport
- Road Books for all stages and touring stages
- Competitor Lanyards and official ‘Invitation to compete’
- Lunch on each full day of the competition for Driver and Co-Driver
- A set of Targa Tasmania metal number plates, and vehicle door panels
- Finishers Medallion for Driver and Co-Driver (upon completion of the event)
- Baskerville Raceway Track Day entry (Hobart)
- Team dinners at three exclusive hand selected restaurant’s (drinks not included)
- Commemorative Shirt/Jacket and Video Documentary of the event
What’s not included
- Transport of your vehicle to and from Melbourne
- Personal transport costs to and from Melbourne
- Breakfast or evening meals / beverages (other than those mentioned in our inclusions)
- Entry is for 2 people (Driver & Co-driver).
- Both must have a Level 2 non-speed event MSA licence.
- Driving suits,helmets and FIA apparel are NOT mandatory.
- Cars for the tour do not require any special preparation.
- Roll cages,special tyres and extensive modifications are not a requirement. They do need to be road registered and have all standard features such as seat belts etc.
- Fire extinguishers are not compulsory (all though we would recommend carrying one).
- A first aid kit will be required along with an oil spill kit and 2 safety triangles.
- Full requirements can be supplied upon request.
- 8 Days / 10 nights $11,865.00 inc GST (Based on twin share accommodation)
- Suite style accommodation options available.
Note: payment of a non-refundable* deposit of $1000 secures your place.